Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ten on Tuesday. Just Kim. Volume 3.

Ten on Tuesday – Topics and Archives
Questions for Tuesday, April 5, 2011.

1. What is your ideal date?
Dinner, movie, going for a walk. Having a stomach big enough to eat a good supper and big bag of popcorn combined with enough energy to not fall asleep until we get home. I know, I'm asking a lot.

2. How long does it take you to get ready to go on a date?

It takes longer to brief the babysitter and find my phone. I might take an extra 2 minutes to make sure there isn't any foreign material in my hair.

3. What would you wear on the date?
Jeans, and 2 or 3 shirts to make sure I'm warm in the movie theater. If I'm really feeling fancy, I'll try wearing a necklace or scarf.

4. If you are married, how often do you go on dates?
Not nearly often enough. We probably go out without our kids 4 or 5 times a year and usually its because there's a banquet or event that they shouldn't attend. Can you call that a date? We try to sit down and watch a little TV together a few times a week, and we eat supper together almost every day. We also spend lots of quality time together M-F 9-5:30.

5. What was your worst date?
Nothing really stands out as horrible. Prom as a sophomore taking my freshman boyfriend was terribly awkward, but we were so un-matured that I'll chalk it up to inexperience. He's a great guy and we were much better suited as friends after we dated.

6. Do you/Did you kiss on your first date?
I can't even remember - how's that for an answer? Ha! Here's the deal. Jack and I met while running for a State FFA Office and at the end of the three days, were both selected as officers which meant we weren't technically supposed to date. Long story short, it didn't happen that way and ended up on lots of "group dates" the first year, at least when we were off campus. So I honestly think his sister came with us on what would have probably been our first date. Its kind of comical now. Then, not so much.

7. If married, how long before you knew he/she was the one?

About three days.

8. Do you prefer day dates or night dates?
If I can swing a day date, I am all over it. Especially if I can make it last 2 meals and still get to bed early enough to not be tired in the morning. Sleep is a precious commodity around here.

9. How old were you when you first were allowed to date?

Whatever the number, it was too young. I'm so thankful that I don't have girls. How nerve wracking! I think I went on my first date when I was a freshman in high school. Anybody care to dispute that? Ha!

10. What is the most embarrassing moment you have had on a date?
I may or may not have fallen asleep during a James Bond movie once. A long time ago. Way before my excuse for falling asleep was, "I haven't had a good night's sleep since April 4th, 2007."

No comments:

Post a Comment