Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ten on Tuesday, Dana, Volume 4

Ten on Tuesday – Topics and Archives
Questions for Tuesday, April 19, 2011!
These are all books based questions. No need for me to even try answering when the expert has us covered. Free advice - its almost as good as stopping at the Madison Public Library yourself!

1. When someone asks you for a book recommendation, what is your go-to book?

Adults: Copper Sun by Sharon Draper or anything by Tracie Peterson. Or (disclaimer...I haven't read these, but they're always hits) books by Janet Evanovich
.
Kids: Hiccupotamus by Aaron Zens, I Ain't Gonna Paint No More by Karen Beaumont, Henry and the Buccaneer Bunnies by Carolyn Crimi, Signal by Cynthia DeFelice, Clementine by Sara Pennypacker, or Are You Quite Polite by Alan Katz.

2. Do you buy your books, or are you a library patron?
"Welcome to the Madison Public Library. My name is Dana and I am the children's librarian." I kind of like the library, but Easton does have a huge collection of his own books at home.

3. E-readers, yay or nay?
I don't have one...yet. I'd like one, but I'm still trying to figure out how/when I'd use it. That sounds kind of silly...I suppose I could curl up with a Nook and a blanket just the same as a book and a blanket. And contrary to popular belief, we're not afraid e-books are going to eliminate the need for a library. We're embracing the technology and offering down-loadable books from our website. :o)

4. What was your favorite book as a child?
Martha's House by Edith Kunhardt and The Care Bear Cousin's Mystery Adventure by Sonia Black Woods.

5. If you could be any character in a book, who would you be?
Pippi Longstocking or Amelia Bedelia. I'm a natural.


6. What book would you love to see turned into a movie?
Clementine (you should really read it).

7. What is your all-time favorite book?
See any of the above listed titles plus the Jan Karon series, Where Heaven Begins by Rosanne Bittner, and The Diary of Anne Frank.

8. How many books do you read at once?
One for myself and nearly 15-20 for Easton.

9. What is your favorite book genre?
Probably Christian fiction.

10. Which Harry Potter book is the best? Or haven’t you read them at all?
Yikes, I only read the first one. Don't hate me. I've vowed to try again...some day.

Now go find a good book to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment