Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cliffhanger Squared + Chatterbox

Cliffhanger #1

Breaking News: the BFFs from Life Between Friends saw each other three (three) (THREE!!!!) times in the last 3 days. I will fill you in as soon as I get a minute to grab the photographic evidence off the camera. They're snapshots, but with two husbands and 3.6 children in tow we'll take what we can get.

Cliffhanger #2

My [Kim's] family of four drove 800+ miles together the last few days, hung with relatives and friends, celebrated birthdays, a very important upcoming wedding and Easter, bottle fed lambs, drove tractors and SURVIVED! Stay tuned for a pictorial post chronicling the journey.

Chatterbox

Max has shown proficient use of the English language lately. Example. Our return to Lemmon meant that we unloaded our jam-packed pickup, and headed south to retrieve our pooch from 'the ranch'. Gage was in the bathroom while we were there and I could hear him shout something about getting Max out. I walked around the corner and he was standing in the doorway chatting with Gage in a language unknown to many. I asked Max what he was doing and plain as day the kid replied, "I go bathroom. Gage need help." Eighteen months old and nearly complete sentences. My high school English teacher would be mildly impressed. (Ask me about him sometime...he's a swell guy.) Later as we were shuffling Gage toward the door he was yacking on about something and out of the blue, he starts in with, "Alvin. Alvin! ALVIN!!!" from Alvin and the Chipmunks. It didn't take long for son #2 to catch on and before long they were both screaming, "Alvin. Alvin! ALVIN!!!" to entertain four adults.  Nuts, I tell ya.

Like I said, there should be good stuff coming down the pipe soon for your enjoyment. You'll want to come back and hear about an adventure in salad bars from Pizza Hut, and a breakfast at McDonalds between friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment