Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ten on Tuesday. Dana vs Kim. Take 4.

Ten On Tuesday, Questions for April 12, 2011

1. If you work, do you drive to work or take public transportation?
D: I drive. I would prefer to walk or bike and when I lived closer to work and didn't have a stroller to push I actually did do that quite often. I did walk some after Easton was born, but I'd park at the library then walk him to day care and felt a little silly pushing an empty stroller. Okay, I really didn't care...but people looked at me like I had lost my child. (Oh, and I think I have to be over 60 to have access to public transportation in Madison.)
K: I mostly drive, since winter now lasts 9 months of the year, but I prefer walking. Strollers are beautiful aren’t they? On a good day, I’d walk my kids to daycare, walk to work, walk to pick them up and walk them home. Its three miles if I get to do it all. I’ve never ridden public transportation, but they do provide a great service in this community. Its likely how Gage will get from preschool to daycare next year.

2. How often do you get your haircut? Do you go to the same person every time?
D: I don't have a schedule. When I get sick of it or it starts to look even worse than usual. The last three times I've had my hair cut I've gone to someone different. So I guess no, I don't go to the same person every time. I did, however, go to the same person for the first 13 or 14 years of my life. She was cheap, easy to make an appointment with, and would do it over again if I didn't like it the first time. It was my mom.
K :Probably not often enough. If I can get there every 2-3 months I’m doing good. When we first moved here, it was 2-3 times a year. Since I have to look nice to impress my boss (ha!) I try to do it a little more often. Cutting bangs was my strategy for having to go more often, but I still end up trimming them at home. I do go to the same person every time. She’s a great person, and she doesn’t yell at me for crooked bangs trimmed with dull kitchen shears.

3. Do you read the newspaper? If so, a hardcopy or the online version?
D: I try to read the Madison Daily Leader every day, but sometimes I leave before it gets delivered to the library (yes, it sometimes arrives after 5pm). If that's the case, I do read it online.
K: Yes, I quickly scan the copies that come in the mail, and the online Madison Daily Leader. I like to see which former classmates and acquaintances are getting married and reproducing.

4. What is the best book you have read this year?
D: This. Is. Torture. I can't answer this without leaving a list. I'll save that for another blog post. Maybe when I'm on maternity leave.
K: Dana – what a cop out. ;o) I just finished the book Alone by Lisa Gardner. It was good. I also started reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo books last fall and finished them up this year. They were good. These four books are not my usual reads. A little more gore, a little less mystery than my ‘norm’. I’m a Grisham fan. These were great books though. I just put 25 Favorite Kid'sBooks on my Droid’s Nook eReader. I hope to start with The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. I’m embarrassed to admit how many I have (and haven’t) read on the list. Time to change that.

5. What is the best movie you have seen this year?
D: Date Night (It's the only one I've probably seen from beginning to end this year, and it was actually good.)
K: I honestly don’t even know. I’m going to go old school and say The Lion King. I’ve seen it enough times that I should be ‘over it’, but I’m not. I love that my kids sing along, Max giggles in the same parts every single time and they roar at the most appropriate times. We’re a regular three ring circus.

6. Do you tend to crave sweet or salty foods?
D: Depends on the day. Lately: sweet and in the form of Little Debbie Ho Hos.
K: Sweet. Chocolate. Mountain Dew. The End.

7. Do you eat breakfast every day? If so, what do you have?
D: Absolutely. I can't skip it. Lately Easton and I have been sharing frozen waffles. Otherwise it's usually a bowl of cereal.
K: No, I know I could probably train my body otherwise, but if I try to each much before about 9:30, it makes me a little sick to my stomach.

8. If you celebrate Easter, what Easter treat/candy are you most looking forward to?
D: I thoroughly enjoy Peeps and Jelly Belly jellybeans.
K: Easter treat: dyeing Easter eggs with my Grandma Teresa. Its her ‘thing’. I’ve invited my friends over to participate (when I was 26), take lots of pictures and now, stand back to watch my sweet sweet Grandma in her element. I think she has the metal egg droppers saved from almost 30 years of coloring Easter eggs with her grandkids. I always try to schedule a trip to Madison a week on either side of Easter to see her and dye eggs. (And I don’t even make it back for Christmas sometimes.) She has hidden eggs for me every single year of my life. And I’ve found almost all of them. It means so much that my kids are able to partake now.

9. How late is “sleeping in” to you?
D: 8:30am satisfies me.
K: I’ll take 7:30, however, I’ve come to the realization lately, that if I bust it out of bed a little earlier in the morning (by like 6:30) my day is so much more productive.

10. Where are you going on your next vacation?
D: Yankton. It's a dual purpose vacation. Wedding (Yay...I FINALLY get a sister-in-law!) + family reunion. It will definitely be a blog-worthy experience as I'm due just 3 weeks before this big event. Maybe Baby will come slightly (but not too much) early. (Are you listening, Baby?)
K: I don’t know yet. I would love to go to Vegas with Jack for PBR Finals this October, but I’m not holding my breath. We’re attending quite a few weddings this summer, in every corner of this great state, so I’m thinking we’ll have mini vacations spread out all summer. In another 18 months or so, when Max is 3, I want to take the kids back to Disney. The Happiest Place on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment