Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ten on Tuesday. Dana vs Kim. Volume 5.

Ten on Tuesday – Topics and Archives
Questions for Tuesday, April 25, 2011

1. How many blogs do you read every day and what are they? (I’m talking the ones you NEVER miss)
D: I don't read any blogs that faithfully. I check in on a few now and then. I do, however, know somebody who follows numerous blogs and she always passes on the best stuff...so that counts for something.
K: Dooce, The Pioneer Woman, Enjoying the Small Things, Toast & Honey - I also Twitter-follow a few people whose sites I visit when they have something new. I had more bookmarked, but when we rebuilt my desktop at work I chose not to transfer them. I cleared a little room in my brain for something more useful. Like Ten on Tuesday. :)

2. How many “best friends” do you have? Do you have different “besties” for different areas of your life?
D: Oh absolutely. Besties at work (not so much co-workers...but faithful library patron besties), lifetime besties (hence the development of this blog), new besties, and probably some besties I haven't even met yet. Life is a great mix of great people.
K: What is this - the third grade? Besides Jack, who I quit my job over in order that we might spend 24/7 together I try to check in with Dana everyday. After 22 years of friendship, I can pretty much guarantee that she'll be around forever.

3. What’s your daily make-up routine?
D: Yikes. If it takes less than 2 minutes can you consider it a routine or just a blip in your day.
K: I think I'm 100% Mary Kay products right now. I don't know what their official names are, but I like it when someone makes up my mind for me and Mary Kay ladies are pretty good about that. So, Timewise moisturizer, concealer, mineral powder, eye liner, eye shadow and mascara. 


4. What is your ideal girl’s night?
D: Out to eat and gab, gab, gab.
K: I haven't had a girl's night in a long time. I have a great friend who has taken me shopping and out to lunch for the birthday the last few years. One of us has been either pregnant or hauling a newborn every time but its been a great laid back day and a way to relax together.

5. Do you keep up with your nails/toenails or are they au natural?
D: My nails are horrible, so why draw attention to them? I can't really see or reach my toenails right now, so they're doin' whatever they do best all on their own. I do occasionally paint them in the summer.
K: Au natural - they haven't been painted in years.

6. What’s your best roommate story (assuming you had a roommate at some point in your life)?
D: Oofta. The only time I had a roommate was in college and I'm not certain how many of those stories are worth repeating. One of my roommates left the window open in our dorm room over a long weekend...in the middle of the winter...when it was 40 below zero. Everything in our room was frozen...like shampoo, contact solution, etc. It was interesting...and we couldn't sleep in there for two nights because it took so long for the baseboard heat to catch up.
K: Not my favorite memory, but when I came back from Christmas break it had gotten so hot in our room that the full length mirror on the back side of our door melted the adhesive off, it fell to the ground and shattered into hundreds of pieces. A very nice 'welcome back'.

7. What’s your “go to” outfit that you wear more than anything else?
D: Jeans and a hoodie or a t-shirt (and after typing I realized just how sad that really sounds).
K: K: Jeans, a t-shirt and a zip up sweatshirt. Hot, I know.
(Anyone volunteer to 'style' us?)


8. Do you have a beauty secret?
D: Wow, no. A hat...maybe that's my best beauty secret. :o)
K: Keep little kids around. Then, even if you spill something on yourself, you have an excuse. Even snot on the shoulder is appealing as long as your kids are super cute.

9. Did you read Seventeen magazine growing up?
D: Sort of. I recall looking at it, but I didn't have a subscription or anything.
K: Who didn't? Wasn't it part of the curriculum for english class or something?
10. How did you learn to put on makeup?
D: I didn't. Maybe that's the problem...
K I just started putting it on. My mom hardly ever wore makeup. Come to think of it, I'm really not sure I apply it correctly. Help?

It always cracks me up to compare these answers. I hope you (or some of you anyway) enjoy it also!

No comments:

Post a Comment