Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ten on Tuesday. Dana vs Kim. Volume 9.

Questions for June 7, 2011

1. Have you ever used Craigslist?
D: No. I've never bought or sold anything on there...but I wouldn't rule it out.
K: I once bought a box full of clothes for Gage that I found on Craigslist. I sent my sister to pick them up and assured her that they seemed like really nice people. J I have looked for things on there before, but haven’t come up with anything else.

2. Can you sew?
D: Ha! Negative. I can sew on a button and it pretty much stops there. BUT I'm gaining a sister-in-law that can sew...and quilt...and do homemaker-type stuff. I'm not going to drop the first project on her until after the wedding. (I hope she hasn't found this blog yet...yipes!)
K: Only enough to be dangerous. I can sew up the pockets in Jack’s pants when he tears a hole in them, and take care of a stray button. I might be able to hem something if I needed to, and straight lines I could probably figure out. I sewed in 4-H but never wore anything I sewed after Achievement Days. It wasn’t my forte. I also tried to sew curtains and a slip cover for our couch when we were in college. I hated them, but used them until we moved and then threw it away…I hope. They still give me nightmares and I put off doing window treatments in our house for 5 years (no kidding…). What I have now I like so they’ll probably stay until the kids break them or we move.

3. Do you pour syrup on your pancakes or dip your pancakes in the syrup?
D: I've never even thought about dipping instead of pouring. I like an overabundance of syrup so it's likely dipping wouldn't cover it for me.
K: I pour it on pancakes and waffles. Dip it with French toast sticks.

4. Rain storms: Love them or hate them?
D: If it's just rain, they're fine...and as long as it doesn't come in amounts of more than 1/2-1in. (I'm a farm girl, okay?) If there is strong winds/tornadoes/hail involved forget it.
K: Rain storms are fun to listen to and that smell is pretty incredible too. I also like the feeling following a rainstorm at the end of a hot day. Getting to that point can be crazy though. Tornadoes aren’t cool and hail isn’t much fun either.

5. Do you like swimming?
D: I like wading. And this summer I'm waddling and wading. It's cute, I'm sure.
K: No especially. I like taking our kids swimming because they love it, but I’m a terrible swimmer. I tend to hang out a 3’ or less.

6. What kind of drink do you order at Sonic?
D: The same kind of drink I'd order anywhere else, likely. Mtn. Dew or maybe a lemonade of some sort.
K: We don’t have Sonic. But at the Powderhorn I like Strawberry Dew and at the Sugar Shack I’m digging the Raspberry Cherry Italian Soda.

7. Are you funny?
D: Yep.
K: Nope.

8. At what age will your kids get cell phones?
D: Whenever they stop going everywhere with me, because that's likely when I'll turn into a helicopter parent. I'm admitting it now, and I don't even care.
K: I have a long time to worry about that. I had one the end of my senior year of high school when I started traveling with FFA and then moved to college.

9. What’s your favorite vegetable?
D: Sweet corn. I'm counting on an ample supply from Mom & Dad to feed my family for at least a month. If you can't make an entire meal out of sweet corn, you're not a farm kid.
K: Pizza Sauce and Marinara? Hello Tomatoes!

10. Were you a Girl Scout?
D: No. I don't think they even had Girl Scouts in Chester. And it was highly unlikely my parents would drive me the 20 miles to Madison to participate. I don't think it was really my style anyway.
K: Negative. I don’t remember there being much for Girl Scouts I guess and I’m not sure I had their cookies anywhere except my Grandma’s house until we moved out here. I was in 4-H starting at 7 years old all the way through the first year of college. And FFA from 8th grade through college too. No worries, I stayed plenty busy. J

No comments:

Post a Comment