Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ten on Tuesday. Dana vs Kim. Volume 10.

Questions for Tuesday, June 14, 2011!
Provided by
Lisa at Lisa’s Yarns.

1. How do you pronounce the word aunt? Does your pronunciation rhyme with ‘haunt’ or ‘can’t'?
D: To rhyme with can't...but I honestly had to say it with a few names before I could answer.
K: the 'haunt' way

2. Do most of the people in your life know you blog? Or are you partially or totally anonymous?
D: Probably not. I was strongly influenced by Kim and at this point she'd probably give me a D- for participation. I'm waiting for maternity to let my blogging juices flow (consider this a warning).
K: I'm really not sure. It would be fantastic if they came here and read every word, then commented about how I'm the coolest person in the history of the universe, but that's maybe not realistic. :)

3. When you grocery shop, do you prefer to bag your own groceries or do you like it when the store bags them for you? Paper, plastic, or reusable bags?
D: They bag them for me...in plastic bags (gasp!). I'm not at all opposed to using the reusable bags but I'd have to bring about 10 of them along on each shopping trip. I do use them at the library though. :o)
K: The home town grocery store is pretty insistent that they bag for us. And that's ok with me. I use plastic bags, but save them for reuse or send them to daycare for her to reuse. When we're through with the diapers and soiled clothes phase, I might change my preference.


4. Do you have a green thumb?
D: I don't think so. I do moderately okay when it comes to keeping things alive, but calling myself a green thumb would be a huge stretch.
K: Not even close. The thing I've let live longest is our dog, but I'd probably score a 4 on a 10 point pet owner scale. (5, I just got out of bed to let him outside)

5. If you watch the Food Network, which chef/show host is your favorite?
D: I don't watch the Food Network. It's out of my league.
K: Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and I've only seen it about 4 times. I'd love to visit those places.

6. Do you like to take baths? Do you take them very often?
D: Yes, and yes. LOVE them.
K: I wouldn't mind it in a bigger tub. Our bathroom is teeny enough that we had to custom order a tub surround to fit in it. Shorter than average. Boo.


7. What color are the walls in your kitchen?
D: It's been 6 months since we moved in to our house and I couldn't even begin to remember what our interior paint color is called. It's a really light tan and I haven't put a brush on the wall yet. I really don't have any intention of painting in there any time soon, unless it's in Easton or Baby's bedroom.
I do know that Kim painted some walls in her house a color called cookie dough. Strange that I'd remember that. I think she's used a few colors that have food names. Maybe that's the route I should've gone. (K: It was actually Sugar Cookie, but close!)
K: Right now, Cream Dream. Hopefully before long, Dinosaur Grey. Most of my paint choices come down to the name. If I find two I like, the one with the clever or food-related name always wins. We just painted the porch Whipped Topping and at one point, there was Chocolate Syrup as an accent color in the living room. I can remember paint names of almost every color we've used in our house but I have to ask Jack what channel John Stewart is on every. single. time.

8. Do you prefer to dine outdoors or indoors?
D: Outdoors so long as it isn't raining, it's below 90 degrees, the humidity isn't unbearable, the wind is calm (to nonexistent), and there aren't any bugs around. Hmmm, maybe I prefer indoors.
K: Indoors. There is hardly a day with wind calm enough to eat outside. And if there isn't wind, there are bugs. I would love a screened in porch.


9. Describe your ideal weather.
D: Ha! See above.
K: 78 degrees, sunny, 5 mph wind.


10. If you could learn any foreign language, which would you choose to learn?
D: Dutch. It's part of who I am. :o)
K: I started learning French in 2nd grade, so it might be fun to know more of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment