Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ten on Tuesday. Dana vs Kim. Volume 6.

Questions for Tuesday, May 3, 2011
1. What is the weather like in your city today?
D: It's nice...finally! The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and the wind is less than 40mph.

K: Dark, but earlier we actually saw the sun. As of yesterday the snow has finally melted.

2. Do you like the zoo?
D: Yes--great entertainment. We've taken Easton at least once the past two summers and I'm sure we'll hit it up again. I'd like to take him to the Omaha zoo in the near future...maybe after I stop waddling.
K: I feel right at home at the zoo. No really, I do love the zoo. Jack and I used to go even before we had kiddos. For my 2nd official Mother's Day, we bought a membership to The Dakota Zoo in Bismarck. It was an awesome gift idea and it is a great zoo - really interactive, a great 'nature' trail and tons of fun extra activities throughout the year.

3. Do you eat coconut?
D: I don't mind it in a recipe, but I can't say it's one of my top 5 favorite flavors.
K: Not a lot. Its great crisped up on shrimp though!

4. Have you ever hammered a nail? Are you good at it?
D: When I was a kid we had a dog house that we pounded nails in to. I'm not sure if I can properly describe just how many nails were in the roof of that dog house. Thousands, I'm guessing. I know there came a point where if Dad needed a nail or two, he'd go to the dog house and pull them out.
K: I made a bookshelf in freshmen ag class that we still use in our house. I had to take a building trades class in college for my degree and while I didn't teach wood shop in my 2-1/2 years as an agriculture teacher, we did use hammers from time to time.

5. Does your family have a vacation destination that you visit often?
D: Not really. We're lucky to get more than 3 hours away from home annually. We're just not big travelers at this point in our lives. Maybe some day.
K: Not yet. We hardly ever leave town and we usually go to Mom and Dad's when we do. We did go to California for Christmas, which used to be more a tradition for Jack when he was younger. I'd love to continue that trend - who doesn't love Disneyland in the dead of winter?

6. How many pillows do you sleep with?
D: Three. Five would be better.
K: One, and it needs to be replaced. I'm not sure why I don't have more though.

7. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
D: Wish the alarm hadn't gone off.
K: Look at the clock to figure out if I should let Gage get up for good or not.

8. Will you send your kids to summer camp?
D: Yeah, if they're interested. The only camps I ever went to were sports-related, but they were always fun.
K: If they want to go, we'll sure try to make it happen. I never went to an overnight summer camp. I'm certain I would have loved it though. Too many hog pens to clean, calves to bathe and lambs to run to get away much.

9. What do you put in your baked potatoes?
D: If the baked potato is a meal I would prefer butter, sour cream, cheese, and bacon. If it's a side, then usually just butter and salt and sometimes sour cream.
K: Butter, cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper. In that order. Sometimes I leave out the butter, if I'm feeling healthy.

10. Did you take swimming lessons as a kid?
D: I did...sort of. I always missed at least half of the session because our family was on vacation. I wouldn't consider myself to be good at swimming, but I'm good at not drowning.
K: Yes, and I was terrible. Not as terrible as my sister who can turn her lips blue on command and pretended to be freezing in the heat of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment