Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Biggest Difference.

Darling Gage, we are so much alike it hurts sometimes. And yet so very very different.

This morning you woke up in the wrong bed, again. For some reason, you find it necessary to snuggle in cramp up and push me off my bed in the middle of the night. We have helped you develop some seriously horrible sleep habits. I get that. We're here to help you change those, like it or not.

Today when you woke up, you told us that you had a dream last night. Often you'll dream of bears or dinosaurs chasing you, once you were terrified of a volcano exploding around you and you frequently talk about things falling down holes, or holes in the floor of our house. Today was different. Dad watched you recount last night's dreams and it boiled down to a dream about a mutant turtle in a mask. He was licking your fingers because you forgot to wash ketchup off of your hands last night and he thought it was pizza, because mutant turtles eat pizza. You said I was screaming because I thought the turtle was going to kill you. You assured me that he wasn't trying to kill you, he just thought you were pizza. So one of four things happened:

1-The bump you took on the head when Wrangler tripped you and your melon crashed on the asphalt gave you some serious hallucinations.
2-Wrangler snuck into your room last night and licked your hands as they hung over the edge of the bed (he was probably trying to make up for tripping you!) and woke you to a semi-conscious state.
3-Someone's been watching too much retro Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.
4-You feel guilty for not washing your hands enough.

I'm going with #3. Because you told me a daycare drop off today that you were wearing red sneakers, like the teenage turtles.

Hello Gage's dream:

Alternatively, my dreams have nothing to do with turtles and while I do fear the teenage years to a certain degree I am generally too tired to dream much at night. I have trained my body to take advantage of sleep time for sleeping. Thank goodness. Most of my dreaming happens during the day, when I should be working. Productive, no? Today, I'm consumed by chocolate. Specifically, these little babies the Pioneer Woman posted recently.

Knock You Naked Brownies

Don't let the Naked throw you off and prevent you from clicking. You'll thank me later. Unless you're Dana and don't care much for chocolate, but even she'd probably thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment