Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ten on Tuesday. Dana vs Kim. Volume 7.

Ten on Tuesday – Topics and Archives
Questions for Tuesday, May 10, 2011!
Provided by
Nora at Walking With Nora.

1. If you could watch only one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
D: Hoosiers or 50 First Dates.  Totally different ends of the spectrum, but both good flicks.
K: I have to go animated and say Meet the Robinsons

2. Let’s say someone wrote a screenplay about you; what actor/actress would you choose to play you and why?
D: Dakota Fanning...mostly because she hasn't yet (or at least I haven't heard) been tainted by Hollywood--meaning she hasn't been busted for drugs or caught stealing anything.
K: No way someone would write a screenplay about me – we are terribly boring and average. But in the off chance they would, I pick Jane Seymour. Remember her from Dr. Quinn?

3. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in theaters?
D: Maybe Lion King?  Yikes, sadly enough it's kind of hard to remember.
K: We went to some animated movie as a family when I was three or four – Pinocchio or Bambi maybe? The next movie we went to as a family (I’d been to a few in between) was The Titanic. I’m pretty sure my dad slept through both shows.

4. Did you ever make out at the back of a movie theater in middle school/high school?
D: Negative.  Who pays money to do that anyway?  Wouldn't you just stay in the parking lot?
K: I’m going to say no. At least if I did, it was bad/weird/awkward enough that I don’t remember. Bahahaha!

5. Are you a Netflix-er, Blockbuster-er or a Redbox-er? (Or none of the above?)
D: Not yet.  I would imagine I will be someday.  It's probably the coming-of-age way to watch movies, of which we don't do very much at all.
K: Netflix-er, but its less about what comes in the mail and all about what I can instantly watch or show my kids. I’m currently watching the MONK series and the boys have seen way too much Diego and Blue Clues on the Wii.

6. Name one actor/actress who you would give anything to have a dinner date with.
D: Julia Roberts.  She seems normal and I think we could strike up a good conversation.
K: Brad Pitt - maybe he can explain the answer to #7. And...he's Brad Pitt.

7. What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
D: Meet Joe Black.  Kim and I went to it when we were in high school and it's been a long-standing great (or horrible if you're just talking about the movie) memory ever since.  Honestly, I really want to rent it and watch it again to see if it was really as bad as I thought it was at that time.  I likely just didn't understand the plot.
K: Meet Joe Black – I’m afraid we just didn’t pay very good attention (meaning, zero). Let’s make a date next time is feasibly possible – I’m up for watching again with you! If we giggle as much as we did the first time, there’s no way it can disappoint.

8. Do you sneak snacks into the theater when you go?
D: I will admit I'm cheap, but I don't think I've ever actually done that.  Which leads into the next question..
K: No, but I know which movie theaters give free refills on soda and popcorn.

9. Movie theater popcorn: love or hate it? 
D: Big time YUM!  The thought of it is nearly killing me right now.  I LOVE it!
K: LOVE IT! We actually stop for popcorn without seeing a movie. And not even always in our own town. Sometimes while we’re out of town we’ll stop and grab that as a snack. No lie. When we lived in Brookings, theater popcorn was our meal several times a month. We’ve never found any better than Brookings.

10. What is the all-time best Disney movie in your opinion?
D: Lion King, Pocahontas, or Cars (but I haven't seen Tangled yet and I've heard great things about that too).  The Little Mermaid has fantastic music...as does Aladdin, so I guess it sort of depends on what you want out of your Disney movie. :o)
K: I have to go with Meet the Robinsons again. If you haven’t seen it, please do. It’s a pretty awesome story, has great music and little Lewis is so sweet. I’m a big Disney music fan, so its hard to go wrong with most of their soundtracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment