Friday, May 20, 2011

A Quick Convo

Throughout the week, we try to meet up a few times to chit chat using instant message. For the really important stuff, we use email and occasionally, there's a phone call thrown in. So if there's an entertaining exchange, we'll go ahead and share on here. This is what went down tonight.

Background - at 30+ weeks pregnant, Dana has contracted herself a sinus infection. Ouch. It has also been a crazy couple of weeks for her at work including an open to the public event last night with blow up games for kids. She's a brave lady.

I have been fighting a nasty canker sore which I realize sounds like a pretty minor ordeal but I'll assure you its much worse. Probably.

A peek at our exchange:

D: Pity party - Facebook - now. Available?

K: Ha! You're funny. What's up?

D: Just got home from Pizza Hut. Going to take my antibiotic...so I'll feel like poop in about 30 minutes. :)

K: Did you have a pity party there?

D: I tried...but I didn't have anybody else giving me pity. I needed you.

K: :)

D: How are you feeling?

K: Meh, the face is a bit better. As long as I don't eat anything or talk too much. :) I'll live. I really just needed to whine.

D: We're likely in the same boat. If attitude is everything, I'm screwed. :)

K: You had better make peace tonight. The world ends tomorrow. ;)

D: That's what I heard. Or gathered from Facebook.

D: I'm out of the loop. God forgot to tell me.

K: Bahahahahahahaha. Alright, I'm all better.

K: Ok, I really better go. In case we get sucked in the hole tomorrow...see you in heaven. :)

D: Save me a spot at your table. :)

K: Done. No facial pain in heaven. ;)

D: Sweet. You think I'll be forever prego though?

K: No, you won't be prego forever. Soon enough you'll have loads of sweet newborn snuggles and you'll wonder where the time went. Enjoy - it might be your last chance to look like a blimp. Not that you do. I wouldn't know from the lack of pictures.

D: :) I meant in Heaven...

K: OH! I get it. I would doubt it. Its pain free bliss there. And that's definitely not pregnancy.

D: True enough. I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment