If you're interested in participating in Ten on Tuesday, head over to Roots N Rings and follow Chelsea. She posts new questions every week that are usually pretty fun!
(You'll have to excuse Dana for not answering. She's super busy planning a super awesome summer reading program at the library. I'm only away of the pirate portion but that alone is worth it. If you're in the Madison SD area, utilize your city library! Its an absolute gold mine!)
1. Do you prefer fabric or plastic plasters? (or Band-Aids if
Fabric – I don’t like the way the plastic ones make my finger all moist and
shriveled underneath. However, there aren’t pretty fabrics, so I buy plastics
for the kids and that’s almost always what I end up using too.
2. Do you prefer gel pens, biro or fine liners for everyday writing?
I’ll take a fine point, blue ball point please.
3. Do you have a fear or needles/dentists/blood (if all three, which
is the worst) and is there a story behind it?
Not really. I don’t particularly care for any of them though. Gage on the other
hand has had blood drawn pretty regularly since he was a week old to check his
thyroid hormone levels. He sits and watches the draw like its no big deal – and
has since he was 2. That freaks me out a little.
4. Do you like jelly? Do you eat it at any time other than when
I like homemade jelly way more than the stuff in the stores. My Grandma makes a
fabulous strawberry rhubarb jelly and divine plum jam. Jack’s Grandma makes a
phenomenal grape jam.
5. What are your Easter traditions? (if not Christian, insert your
own meaningful festival here and tell us about that instead)
My Grandma (the jelly maker) has dyed Easter eggs every year for as long as
anyone can remember. I’ve been there probably 23 years. I also remember her
making a pink jello salad every year. Without that salad, it isn’t Easter for
me. Other than eggs and food, church as a family and hanging out.
6. What’s your favourite book that you have read so far this year?
The Help and Water for Elephants. I’m about ½ way through The Art of Fielding,
but I’m not sold yet.
7. Do you have any magazine subscriptions or recommendations that we
should know about?
Not really. I do like National Geographic for the kids.
8. Favourite etsy store (if you know the owner IRL, also include
your favourite that you didn’t originally know IRL)?
Studio Mela http://www.etsy.com/shop/dazeychic
- she has some great stuff
9. If you had play money (£100/$150) that could only be used on
shoes, what shoes would you buy?
As many TOMS as I could. I’ve been coveting a pair for a long time but never
taken the plunge. This is my year.
10. If you were going
pet shopping tomorrow, what would you choose?
Maybe fish? The kids have loads of animals around between Wrangler, our poor
underappreciated ill-trained canine and horses, cats, dogs, chickens and cattle
at their grandparents’.