Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Finding Love

Freebies first. I found this picture while editing some forgotten shots from last spring. This is a budding lilac bush at my in-law's ranch. When I found this picture I fell in love with it, instantly made it my desktop background and life has been perfect ever since. Feel free to do the same and think of me everytime you see it.


The theme of this post could very well be 'pictures I had forgotten about'. This is my beautiful Grandma Teresa and this pictures was taken on one of her very favorite days of the year: the-day-we-dye-Easter-eggs. One of her other favorite days? Valentine's Day. I remember getting handmade Valentine's Day cards from her well into my teens that she made with computer paper, stickers and stencils. She'd usually slip a few dollars inside with instruction to buy a treat at the ballgame. I hope someday people see the same spark in me that I see in her.

Speaking of 'spark': this picture was taken the same trip as the photo above. The sheep belong to a dear neighbor of my parents. You know the type: their daughters babysat us in high school, they kept us excited about 4-H and encouraged us through countless livestock shows, baked cookies for us in college and drove 800 miles to attend our wedding. We try to stop and see them so they can spoil the boys with a popsicle and the chance to bottle feed lambs. This face? Pure Joy.

 Pure Joy: Easter 2011. After a pretty rad Easter Egg hunt outside at Jack's aunt and uncle's house, Max took a break from the wind to hang out with Grandpa Jim and eat jelly beans. We are so fortunate to see our own children make memories with our grandparents. Here's to many more!

Even if you're spending Valentine's Day single this year, take time to remember those you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment