Sunday, January 29, 2012

LBF Book Club, Mid-January

We answered these questions mid-month, but due to several illnesses striking simultaneously and then back-to-back, I'm just getting around to posting. Never fear, we have both finished the book and are on track to read Water for Elephants in February.

End of book questions will hopefully be coming at your later this week.


Where and when have you done most of your reading thus far?
D: At home...while feeding a baby. :o)
K: The first part of the book I read before bed, usually on the couch. We took a trip across the state to Madison and I knocked out quite a bit in the pickup. Medium of choice: paperback.

Rating So Far:
D: 8 out of 10
K: 8 –I can’t give a book a 10 at the mid point because books are always best near the end.

Favorite Character So Far:
D: Miss Celia (she's naive...I kind of like that about her), Aibleen, and Mae Mobley. (Sidenote: I now call Ember, "Baby Girl." Some things are just catching.)
K: Constantine. What a mystery for Skeeter to unravel. It’s a bit lit watching a train wreck, knowing eventually Skeeter will find what she’s looking for and cannot be happy with the result.

Most Awesome Part:
D: Aibleen's special stories for Mae Mobley.
K: The one I earmarked was when Skeeter was recalling Constantine’s memory of her daddy hold her, crying because he didn’t know how to make her life right but loved her so much and pushed his thumb into her hand.

Weirdest Part:
D: The entire thing so far is just strange to me. To think this was all reality and never really fiction just blows my mind.
K: Anytime Miss Celia’s in the book, for now. Her fumbling around in the dark with the cooking, and cleaning and interacting with other people is awkward for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment